Aim to thrive, not just survive.
The full recording of this webinar is available here. After an overview of Listening Together, the topic presentation starts at 11:20.
Check out these resources from Listening Together and around the web.
Supporting Children in Mainstream Settings
- Article – Guiding Principles and Essential Practices of Listening and Spoken Language Intervention in the School-Age Years by Uma Soman and Mary Ellen Nevins
- Podcast featuring Uma Soman – Child’s Voice – Supporting Children with Hearing Loss in Mainstream
- A conversation on inclusion led by special education leaders in India.
- Our blog post on inclusive education
Special Education Rights in India
- Know your rights
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 – video summary
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Infographic
Other Mainstreaming and Inclusion related resources
- Readying Mainstream Classrooms & Schools for More Children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing click here and read the article online
- Educational Service Guidelines from the National Association of State Directors of Special Education, Inc – Optimizing Outcomes for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Information for parents regarding special education services from Illinois State Board of Education (available in English and Spanish)
- Dr. Ann Turnbull speaks about Enviable Lives and a Lifespan Perspective
Check out our upcoming webinars.