All behavior is communication!
The summary videos from this webinar on promoting early communication will be available soon.
Check out these resources from Listening Together and around the web.
Pre-Verbal Communication Milestones
- Milestones for 0-3 month olds
- Milestones for 4-6 month olds
- Milestones for 7-9 month olds
- Milestones for 10-12 month olds
- Speech Development 0-12 months (Source: ASHA)
Strategies for Promoting Early Communication
- Activity ideas for language development of 0-12 month olds ( Source: Zero to Three)
- Tips for developing speech and language development (Source: Pathways)
- Listening and spoken language (LSL) strategies and techniques (Source: Hearing First)
- 3Ts – Tune In, Take Turns, Talk More (Source: TMW Project)
Ensuring Adequate Auditory Access
- Strategies for keeping hearing technology on (Source: Success for Kids with Hearing Loss)
- Why we should look at data-logging (Source: ASHA)
- AGBell Association’s recommended audiological protocol
- Speech perception protocol (Source: Dr. Jane Madell)
- The how and why of Ling 6 Sound Test (Source: John Tracy Clinic)
Related Research Papers
- Research by Dr. Megan Roberts examining the relationship among maternal responsivity, prelinguistic communication skills and expressive vocabulary in children with hearing loss.