Resource Round Up
During the month of May 2019, we celebrated Better Hearing and Speech Month by sharing multiple resources from a variety of organizations working with children who are deaf or hard of hearing and their families.
Hearing and Hearing Technology
- Ears are the doorway. We hear with our BRAIN. (video)
- Types of Hearing Loss explained by the CDC
- Understanding the audiogram – What does the child hear?
- Are the child’s aided thresholds within the string bean on the audiogram? (video)
Education and Rehabilitation
- Deaf? Hearing Loss? Hearing Impaired? Words matter. Here is one parent’s perspective.
- A Team of Professionals supports the child and family on their LSL journey.
- Roles and responsibilities of pediatric audiologists.
- From Auditory Verbal Therapy – Why Not Just Any SLP Will Do?
- Guidance on Joint Committee on Infant Hearing on the knowledge and skills of early intervention providers.
- What is your and the child’s communication style?
- Follow the child’s lead to support language development.
- 101 Ideas for Families from Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech
- Strategies for Listening and Spoken Language Development – all day, everyday
- From Auditory Verbal Therapy – Dear Parents, I Believe In You
- Learn more about family-centered intervention from Dr. Jenna Voss and Dr. Arlene Stredler-Brown
- Holding Space for Families – walking along with them without judgement