Online courses offered through the Listening and Spoken Language Professional Enrichment Program (LSL-PrEP) are focused on expanding knowledge and developing skills of professionals who work with children who are DHH and learning to listen and speak. Courses are designed and led by Uma Soman, PhD, LSLS Cert AVEd. who has been working with children, families, and professionals for 15+ years.
All professionals who work with children who are DHH, including therapists, teachers, speech language pathologists, early interventionists, teachers in mainstream setting, and audiologists are invited to take this course. More than 100 professionals from 12 countries have participated in these courses and provided positive feedback.
Courses are pre-approved by the Alexander Graham Bell Academy for Listening and Spoken Language for continuing education credits (LSL CEs). This program can fulfill continuing education requirements for professionals pursuing Listening and Spoken Language Specialist – Auditory-Verbal Therapist/Educator Certification.
2022 Course Calendar will be published in June.
Additional information about courses offered through LSL-PrEP:
- Courses are taught by Uma Soman, PhD, LSLS Cert AVEd.
- Classes are held on zoom, 90-120 minutes each week. Professionals participate in a live (not recorded) lecture delivered by the Listening Together team for every class. Courses are offered as 1.5-2 hour “classes” once a week for 3-8 weeks (might vary across courses).
- All courses will provide LSL CEUs approved by AGBell Academy. All participants are required to complete short multiple choice quizzes and end of session evaluations after class to receive LSL CEUs
- Assignments are currently offered in English, Hindi, and Marathi. If 8 or more participants are interested class can be taught in Hindi or Marathi only.
- Registration opens 2-3 weeks before a course.
- Scholarships available for participants based on merit, financial need, impact, and past performance.
- All professionals who work with children who are DHH, including therapists, teachers, speech language pathologists, early interventionists, teachers in mainstream setting, and audiologists can qualify to take these courses
- All communication happens via email and dedicated WhatsApp group.
For more information email email@example.com