This online course will teach participants how to develop age- and stage-appropriate lessons or therapy plans that are child and family centered to develop listening and spoken language for children who are DHH between the age of 0-3 and 4-8 years. Participants will receive 16 continuing education hours from AGBell Academy (pending approval).
Participants will learn to
- Write long-term and short-term SMART objectives for domains of audition, language, speech, cognition, and communication.
- Identify at least 3 ways to collect data and monitor progress related to these domains.
- Develop activities that are age- and stage-appropriate.
Session 1 – Lesson Planning for 0-3 year old
Saturday from 8:00-9:30 am US Central Time (6:30-8:00 pm India Time)
- Week 1 – What is Takes to Develop LSL 0-3 years
- Week 2 – SMART Objectives
- Week 3 – Data Collection and Progress Monitoring (early language, listening, and communication)
- Week 4 – Age- and Stage-Appropriate Activities for 0-3 year olds
Session 2 – Lesson Planning for 4-8 year old
Saturday from 8:00-9:30 am US Central Time (7:30-9:00 pm India Time)
- Week 5 – What is Takes to Develop LSL 4-8 year olds
- Week 6 – SMART Objectives for 4-8 year olds
- Week 7 – Data Collection and Progress Monitoring (complex language, auditory comprehension, literacy)
- Week 8 – Age- and Stage-Appropriate Activities for 4-8 year olds
- In this 8-week program, participants will attend a 90-minute presentation via distance technology (zoom) each week.
- Participants will have end of session quizzes and assignments each week that will require an additional 30-minutes of work each week.
- In addition to the assignments, participants’ knowledge will be assessed through self-reflection activities.
- Participants are expected to attend all the sessions.
- Participants are required to attend Session 1 to attend Session 2.
- Session fees $100 for both sessions ($50 for Session 1 only). Approximate ₹ 7,000 + foreign transaction fee.
Scholarships are available based on merit and financial need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.