Dr. Uma Soman presented at the 19th National Conference of The Cochlear Implant Group of India (CIGICON), held on Nov 4-6, 2022 at the Leela Ambience Hotel in Gurugram, Haryana, India.
The following resources were mentioned in the multiple presentations.
Nov 5 – Panel on Play and Cognitive Development in Cochlear Implantation
- Chapter 3: Cognitive Development [PDF] by Uma Soman in Preparing to Teach, Committing to Learn: An Introduction to Educating Children Who Are Deaf/ Hard of Hearing
- Executive Function resources from Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University – https://developingchild.harvard.edu/guide/a-guide-to-executive-function/
- Play Resources
- From National Association for the Education of Young Children
- The Power of Play
- Stages of Play Development from Pathways.org
Nov 6 – Oral Poster Presentation – Model for Supporting CI Users in Mainstream Schools
Nov 6 – Round Table on Guidelines for Long-Term Scholastic Performance in Pediatric Cochlear Implant Users
- Listening Together’s webinar series – Striving Towards Success in Mainstream Schools
- Soman, U., & Nevins, M. E. (2018). Guiding principles and essential practices of listening and spoken language intervention in the school-age years. Topics in Language Disorders, 38(3), 202-224.
If you would like more information or would like to organize a training on any of these topics please contact Dr. Soman at firstname.lastname@example.org